Alligator skin is a valuable resource in Red Dead Redemption 2, but many players may be unsure of what to do with it. Whether you’re a seasoned hunter or a newcomer to the game, understanding the different uses for alligator skin can help you make the most of your gameplay experience.
From crafting upgrades for your weapons and gear to earning extra cash by selling the skin, there are plenty of ways to put alligator skin to good use in RDR2. So, if you’ve been wondering what to do with all those alligator hides you’ve been collecting, read on to discover some tips and tricks for making the most of this valuable resource.
Alligator skin in RDR2 can be used for crafting various items such as hats, boots, and saddles. You can sell it to merchants for a good price or donate it to Pearson at camp to upgrade your satchel. To get alligator skin, you need to hunt alligators in the swamps or along the riverbanks using a long-range weapon or a bow with improved arrows.
What to Do With Alligator Skin Rdr2? – A Comprehensive Guide
1. How to Get Alligator Skin in RDR2
Alligator skin is a valuable resource in Red Dead Redemption 2 (RDR2). You can use it to craft different items, including clothing, ammunition, and even upgrades for your camp. To get alligator skin, you need to hunt alligators and skin them. You can find alligators in the swamps and bayous of Lemoyne, particularly in areas such as Lagras and Saint Denis.
When hunting alligators, use a rifle with a scope or a long-range weapon such as a bow and arrow. Aim for the head or the spine to ensure a clean kill. Once you’ve killed the alligator, approach it and press the skin button prompt to skin it. You can then sell the alligator skin to a Trapper or a Fence, or use it to craft different items.
2. What Can You Craft With Alligator Skin in RDR2?
Alligator skin is a versatile material that you can use to craft different items in RDR2. Here are some examples:
– Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle: This saddle provides better stamina for your horse and can be purchased from the Trapper using one perfect alligator skin, one perfect iguana skin, and $36.
– Alligator Tooth Talisman: This talisman improves your Dead Eye Core and can be crafted using one silver chain bracelet, one perfect alligator tooth, and $40.
– Improved Arrows: You can upgrade your arrows with alligator skin to make them more potent. Each upgrade requires one alligator skin and one regular arrow.
– Alligator Skin Ranch Hand Gloves: These gloves provide better gripping and can be purchased from the Trapper using one perfect alligator skin and $15.
3. How to Store Alligator Skin in RDR2?
In RDR2, you can store alligator skin in your satchel. However, keep in mind that alligator skin is a large item that takes up a lot of space. If your satchel is full, you won’t be able to pick up any more alligator skin. To make room, you can sell or donate any unwanted items or upgrade your satchel capacity by purchasing upgrades from a fence.
4. Alligator Skin vs. Other Animal Skins
Alligator skin is one of the more valuable animal skins in RDR2, as it can be used to craft multiple items. However, it’s not the only valuable skin. Here’s a comparison of alligator skin to other animal skins:
– Perfect Alligator Skin: $8 at a Fence
– Perfect Deer Pelt: $7 at a Fence
– Perfect Bear Pelt: $6.25 at a Fence
– Perfect Beaver Pelt: $3 at a Fence
Keep in mind that the value of each skin depends on its quality. A perfect alligator skin is worth more than a poor or good quality one.
5. Tips for Hunting Alligators in RDR2
Hunting alligators in RDR2 can be challenging, but with the right approach, you can make it easier. Here are some tips:
– Use a long-range weapon such as a rifle or a bow and arrow to avoid getting too close to the alligator.
– Aim for the head or the spine to ensure a clean kill.
– Keep an eye out for alligator nests, as they can be dangerous if you get too close.
– Be patient and wait for the alligator to come to you, rather than chasing after it.
– Use bait such as carnivore bait or predator bait to attract alligators to your location.
6. How to Sell Alligator Skin in RDR2
You can sell alligator skin to a Trapper or a Fence in RDR2. The Trapper will purchase alligator skin and other animal skins to use in crafting, while the Fence will purchase them to sell on the black market. The value of alligator skin depends on its quality, with a perfect alligator skin being worth the most.
7. Alligator Skin Locations in RDR2
Alligators can be found in the swamps and bayous of Lemoyne in RDR2. Here are some locations where you can find them:
– Lagras: This is a small settlement in the north-central part of Lemoyne. Alligators can be found in the surrounding swamps and bayous.
– Saint Denis: This is a large city in the southeast part of Lemoyne. Alligators can be found in the surrounding bayous.
– Bayou Nwa: This is a large area in the south-central part of Lemoyne. Alligators can be found throughout the bayou.
8. Alligator Skin Trinket Benefits
In RDR2, you can craft a trinket using a perfect alligator skin that provides the following benefits:
– Decreases the speed at which your Dead Eye Core drains by 10%
– Increases the value of looted money by 10%
To craft the trinket, you need to take the perfect alligator skin to a Fence and purchase the Alligator Tooth Trinket for $40.
9. Alligator Skin Clothing Benefits
Alligator skin can be used to craft several pieces of clothing in RDR2, including boots, hats, and vests. Each piece of clothing provides different benefits, such as increased protection or improved stats. For example:
– Alligator Hat: Provides moderate protection from the elements and can be purchased from the Trapper using one perfect alligator skin and $40.
– Alligator Boots: Provides moderate protection from the elements and can be purchased from the Trapper using one perfect alligator skin and $31.
– Alligator Vest: Provides moderate protection from gunfire and can be purchased from the Trapper using one perfect alligator skin, one perfect boar skin, and $31.
10. Alligator Skin Ammo Benefits
Alligator skin can be used to craft improved ammo in RDR2, including split point ammo and explosive ammo. Each type of ammo provides different benefits, such as increased damage or improved accuracy. For example:
– Split Point Ammo: Provides improved accuracy and can be crafted using one alligator skin and one regular ammo type.
– Explosive Ammo: Provides increased damage and can be crafted using one alligator skin and one regular ammo type, as well as animal fat and a high velocity cartridge.
In conclusion, alligator skin is a valuable resource in RDR2 that can be used to craft different items, including clothing, ammo, and upgrades for your camp. By following these tips and strategies, you can make the most of alligator skin and use it to your advantage.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I obtain alligator skin in RDR2?
To obtain alligator skin in RDR2, you will need to hunt alligators. Alligators can be found in the swamps of Lemoyne, particularly in Bayou Nwa and Bluewater Marsh. You will need a rifle or a shotgun to take down an alligator, and you can then skin it to obtain the alligator skin.
What can I do with alligator skin in RDR2?
Alligator skin can be used to craft various items such as the alligator gambler’s hat, alligator boots, and the alligator skull camp theme. You can also sell the alligator skin to any trapper or fence in the game for a decent amount of money.
How much is alligator skin worth in RDR2?
The value of alligator skin in RDR2 varies depending on the quality of the skin. A perfect alligator skin can be sold to a trapper for $30, while a good alligator skin can be sold for $22.50. You can also sell the skin to any fence for a slightly lower price.
Can I store alligator skin in RDR2?
Yes, you can store alligator skin in your horse’s inventory or at your camp’s wardrobe. However, it is recommended that you sell or craft the skin as soon as possible, as it can start to degrade over time and lose its value.
What is the best way to hunt alligators in RDR2?
The best way to hunt alligators in RDR2 is to use a rifle or a shotgun and aim for the alligator’s head or heart. Alligators can be aggressive and dangerous, so it is recommended that you hunt them from a safe distance. It is also important to use scent cover, as alligators can smell you from a distance.
HOW TO GET A PERFECT ALLIGATOR SKIN – RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 PRISTINE ALLIGATOR HUNT
In conclusion, there are several options for what to do with alligator skin in RDR2. First, you can sell it to a trapper or a fence for a decent price. Second, you can use it to craft unique and stylish clothing items, such as hats and boots. Lastly, you can donate it to Pearson at camp to help improve the camp’s provisions.
Whatever you choose to do with your alligator skin, it’s important to remember that it’s a valuable resource in the game. Don’t let it go to waste! Take advantage of the opportunities to sell, craft, or donate it.
In the end, managing your inventory and resources is a crucial part of playing RDR2. By making strategic decisions about what to do with your alligator skin, you can help your character thrive in the harsh world of the game. So, get out there, hunt some alligators, and make the most of your spoils!